MAPA and Team Standish are operating Standish-Hickey State Recreation Area (SRA) to keep it protected and open for public enjoyment and recreation. The park staff is receiving praise from the public for the care and customer service to campers and visitors.
RESERVATIONS OPEN FOR 2013 Call 707.925.6482
Please DONATE to help us RE-OPEN REDWOOD CAMPGROUND in 2014!
- Summer Rates (5/15–9/15) (discounted from 2012): $25/$30/$35 Map
- $25 – 25 map-designated sites near highway
- $30 - Hickey and Rock Creek Loops
- $35 - Redwood Loop 7/1 – 9/9 (Call 707.925.6482 to verify )
- Winter Rates: All sites. $25 (9/16-5/14)
These are the Camp Host campsites only....Join the team today !!!!!!!
2 CAMPGROUND HOST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Please call us for more information: 707.272.5397
Email us at: email@example.com
1) Rock Creek Loop Campground in Standish-Hickey, full hook-up, Dates: 3 months from 7/1/2013 – 9/30/2013. General Duty Statement click here
2) Redwood Campground in Standish-Hickey: Dates – 2 months from July 1 to Labor Day. Limited hookup - electricity and grey water use. Nearby bathrooms/showers. No dump. Camper or small RV 18’max. No trailer. General Duty Statement click here
Encompassing 1,012 acres of park lands with two miles of river frontage, Standish-Hickey offers to travelers driving north on Highway 101 the first chance to walk and sleep in old growth redwood groves and swim in a wild and scenic river.
At the "gateway to the tall trees country," the area offers camping, picnicking, hiking, fishing, and swimming on the South Fork of the Eel River which winds through the park for almost two miles. One of the few virgin redwood-stands remaining in this area can be seen on the Grove Trail, which is ADA compliant, as are several of the campsites. Nearly ten miles of trails weave through steep canyon bluffs, second-growth forests and pockets of old-growth redwood and Douglas-fir. The fast-moving river—with its rapids, holes of varying depths, calm shallow areas, and cobblestone bed—is especially popular with both swimmers and anglers
.Location: Off of Highway 101, 1.5 miles north of Leggett, CA Map
ENTRY STATION KIOSK: 707.925.6482
Temperature: Park visitors enjoy warm summer temperatures, varying between 70 and 100 degrees. Winter temperatures range from 20 to 75 degrees. Heavy coastal rainfall averages 70 inches per year.
HELP US KEEP STANDISH-HICKEY OPEN!
You can donate with a credit card or through your Pay Pal account - your choice